Chris stopped in Plymouth for gas.........still not a question.
Eventually, Jack leaned over and fell asleep for a bit. When he woke up, they were in the parking lot of Not Your Average Joe's. He asked if they were at Home Depot, which Chris answered, "No, I thought you said you were hungry, let's get some thing to eat." Still not a question, which was so interesting since when they left I was making dinner. I even asked Jack what he wanted baked potato or mashed, which he enthusiastically said "mashed, it's my favorite!" I replied, "Ok, just for you Jack."
When he left he was dressed in backyard clothes, so Chris handed him a pair of jeans and said, "Here put these on." Jack got dressed in the car and they went in. I can't believe they ate dinner together and he never questioned anything!?
Even when they approached Boston and could see the buildings, he asked, "Is that Boston?" Which Chris replied, "I think so. I guess I didn't realize how close we were going to be to it." Jack even commented, "Wow, Grammie came all the way down to visit, and now we're almost at her house." Still no question as to where they were going. He still assumed he was going to Home Depot.
They went in the tunnel and turned off towards the Fleet Center, which Jack asked, "Is this the same tunnel we usually go in? It seems extra long."
It wasn't until they were at a red light right in front of the Fleet Center that Chris reached in the back seat and gave Jack his Bruin's shirt. He said, "You might want to put this on." Jack finally realized what was going on and was completely shocked. He then said, "Wait aren't they playing the Sharks tonight?" (His other favorite team besides the Bruins) Chris said he was beaming!!! Thanks so much Uncle Scot and Auntie Kristen!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment