Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Molly goes to the dentist

Molly has been waiting for the past three weeks to go to the dentist, like the kids do on Barney. Almost everyday when I say, "guess where we are going today?" she gets all excited and says, "The dentist!!" only to be crushed when I say something like BJs or Stop 'n Shop! So you can imagine my excitement when I announced to her this morning where we were going. WRONG! From the moment I told her she kept repeating, "No I don't want to go to the dentist! I don't want to sit in the chair!" Great......now what?
The plan was she was going to nap early in order for her to be her best at the afternoon appointment. OK, shame on me for making her first appointment at 2:00 during nap time. Of course she did not take an early nap as planned, so she was exhausted and cranky when we got to the dentist office. The whole way over she kept repeating she was NOT going to see the dentist.
As her turn approached the battle began. I thought there was no way she would even get near the chair as she began whining and putting up a fuss. After a little coaxing and fun from the hygenist, to my surprise she got into the chair and sat for her cleaning! Whew....



No comments: